Amy K. -
You are the best outfitter our family has ever had the honor of hunting with! We appreciated the effort you and your guides put forth, you guys are awesome and we really enjoyed making friends with the other hunters, especially Rick he's a riot. Thank you for your long hours, dedication, patience, tact, skills, humor, insight & views, you all work flawlessly and hard. Looking forward to next year!
"To Whom It May Concern,
The following is a brief personal recommendation in favor of Registered Maine Guide, Dan Wagner of Allagash, ME.
I was fortunate enough to draw a Bull Moose Permit for the October hunt in Maine this year. Never having hunted for moose, I began looking for a guide who had both experience with moose and knowledge of this area in Maine, I hired Dan to help me out.
The hunt became successful on day #4 of the hunt. I took a 750 lb Bull (dressed), with 20 points and a spread of 48-1/2”. I shot the moose at 5:55PM and we had it in his truck at 10:00PM.
Here are some random thoughts about what Dan, personally, brings to the table:
* He is a true “Woodsman”, knows his craft and simply loves the outdoors
* He is an intelligent, personable and excellent Guide overall
* He provided a physically demanding hunt – 12+ hours per day in the woods (not for the feign of heart)
* You will get up at 4:15AM and eat dinner at 8:00PM – your entire day will be spent in the woods hunting
* You will go home tired, but in all probability with your moose
* He will measure up your hunting skills and physical capabilities and provide a hunt to suit
* He is as strong as an ox; will get your moose out of the woods
* Extremely hard worker in your behalf
* The hunt is as exciting for him as for you
* He is very knowledgeable in the “North” country of Maine – Zones 1, 2, 3, 4, etc (Dan is a fur trapper throughout these Zones)
* Personally, I would recommend a “one-on-one” hunt with Dan, ie No Sub-Permittee (I believe you will get the most out of your hunt).
This was truly a “Hunt of a Lifetime” for me, and I give Dan all the credit for making it both successful and memorable.
Overall, I firmly believe that you will enjoy your hunt with him.
Feel free to either call or email me to discuss further if you wish:"